Tuesday 23 October 2012

Movie Review No.1 - The Avengers. ***WARNING SPOILER ALERT***

Hey guys. today I'm going to review the popular film, The Avengers (2012)


First off, I have seen all the Avenger movies, expect Thor (Which I'm planing to see soon) so I was quite surprised when the actor who played The Hulk in "The Incredible Hulk" (Edward Norton) wasn't there. I did some research and found out that apparently he was hard to work with, apart from that the casting stayed the same and was amazing. Now, the storyline. Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army. Now for my opinions on this movie. 

The Avengers was quite well done, but was only brought together by special effects and violence. It was also quite cheesy. The actting was great, especially by the on and only, Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) who did a wonderful job as always. I get what they were going at with all the alien and demi-god stuff, but it got a bit dumb towards the end. But when Agent Colsen died, I got a tear in my eye. But isnt it funny how nobody else died, they just got a blood nose, a bump on the head or a few stratches? I mean come on, how did that girl who was in her jeep and got crushed survive that? I understand how Nick Fury survived the bullet, c'mon, he's Nick Fury! But really?

One scene I found great was Black Widow's (Scarlet Johansson) interrogation scene. That was well done. But overall, most of the movie was pretty unrealistic, but i guess this situation will probably never happen, so they didn't think to go all the way with realism.

Overall, the Avengers i a pretty good movie, the affects are good, the acting was also good, the storyline was OK, but if you asked me whether is was worth watching, i would say yes. Purely for the special effects, action and your favourite superhero team coming together to fight evil.Thanks for reading :)

Rating: ★★★☆☆

Here's The trailer:


 

###NEXT REVIEW: The Hunger Games (2012)

1 comment:

  1. wow!! such a gewd movie! thx 4 recomending it!!1! <33

    ReplyDelete